8 Ways to Protect Yourself Online
Identity theft: When one’s personal information is stolen and used by an imposter to gain an advantage.
1. Don’t share your passwords and change your password often
2. Avoid visiting fake sites, pornographic sites and be warned about Phishing sites.
3. Don’t share any private information that you wouldn’t want remembered later.
4. Always verify and buy from trusted and secure sites.
5. Monitor your brand name online, Use tools like Google Alerts
6. Don’t share your credit card details, SSN with anyone.
7. Browse safely, clear your browser history/cache. Consider browsing using VPN or OpenDNS
8. Check your privacy settings on all your social media pages to enable maximum security.
Bernard Kelvin Clive is a Personal Branding Coach/Brand Strategist at BKC Consulting, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, Amazon bestselling author with twenty published books. Ghana’s foremost authority on Personal branding and Digital Publishing who hosts the #1 ranked Business & Career Podcast in Ghana/Botswana. www.BKC.name